You’ve invested wisely in your furnace equipment. Now make sure it operates efficiently, and lasts as long as possible, with periodic Furnace Inspection and Maintenance.
Annual furnace inspection and maintenance is taken very seriously here at Oehl HVAC. Similar to caring for the health of any mechanical system, we’ve learned over the years that it’s much wiser to perform simple and routine upkeep than to perform major surgery and overhaul.
While some people still adhere to the mistaken old adage, “if it aint broke, don’t fix it,” most of us have accepted the realities of our modern technical world. Time and again, real world examples have proven that ignoring systems until they fail is a fool-hearty and expensive approach. For anyone still needing to be convinced, here are a few questions and answers regarding this issue.
Question 1: Why do it?
Answer: Periodic furnace inspection and maintenance will reveal worn-out, dirty, or spent parts that are at risk of failing at any moment (often catastrophically).
- Gas leaks
- Improper air filter maintenance
- Blower assembly filth and problems
- Evaporator coil and condensate drain line filth and problems
- Issues with ignition system and safety controls
- Issues with heat exchanger and heating elements
- Flue system dislocations, corrosion, etc.
- Internal wiring condition and connections
- Airflow and duct-work issues
- Abnormal noises, odors, system pressures
- And more
Question 2: How often?
Answer: During or just prior to the heating season, hire a professional furnace technician to perform routine furnace inspection and maintenance.
- Call Oehl HVAC at 319-622-3636 for regular service
- Annual service plans makes scheduling a breeze
- During the heating season, fall and winter, is recommended
- Advance scheduling is not required, but is sometimes more convenient
Question 3: What’s involved?
Answer: Inspection of susceptible unit components, plus recommended cleaning and maintenance. Replacement parts are usually extra.
- Check furnace components and controls
- Check proper unit operation
- Clean evaporator unit and coils, as needed
- Filter replacement, as needed
- Calibrate thermostat
- Identify potential issues
Question 4: Is it affordable?
Answer: At Oehl, we understand the long-term value of providing affordable furnace inspection and maintenance services to our clients. Many agree…our plans are well worth the investment and offer outstanding peace of mind.
- We gladly quote estimates over the phone
- We will answer further questions you may have
- We encourage you to call at your convenience
Until Next Time…